Monday 14 March 2016

Il Mio Viaggio (My Journey)

Greetings! I am back blogging for another one of my adventures in geology. This March, I am heading to the mountains of Italy with some classmates and professors. For 10 days, we will be traveling through the Apennines, the backbone of the Italian peninsula, looking at various sequences of rock that help us understand the history of the region.

This is my first time on the European continent, so I am quite excited to experience the many facets of European culture. I've been working on my Italian, which may come in handy!

Our destination: the Apennine Mountains

If you would like to learn more about what I will be doing, the geologic history of Italy, or about some cool science that people are doing there, check out this documentary on the region. I've watched it about 4 times by now, and enjoy it every time!


No comments:

Post a Comment