Friday 25 March 2016

Arrivederci!

Ah, goodbye, Italy! It has been fun and an unbelievable experience. I am so thankful for all the people who helped organize and facilitate our travels, as coordinating 20 or so people is not an easy task. I have learned so much over the last 10 days: lots of geology, but also culture and language. So now a little reflection:

Random things I have learned in Italy:
  1. If you try to speak Italian, native speakers will get excited and are totally willing to help you through it!
  2. Andiamo a mangiare: Let's go to eat! Always a useful phrase.
  3. Ecco/Eccolo: Here/Here it is. This phrase became commonly used within our group, sometime in earnest, mostly in jest.
  4. Everyone drives stick, and now I know the smell of a clutch.
  5. Regarding pizza
    • Having pizza in slices is not common practice.
    • Pizza is not originally Italian (yes, my brother told me this before I went).
    • Calzone = pizza bag
  6. I want to go back

Pringles are a total hit overseas!

No comments:

Post a Comment